Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Katy Perry Brings Student with Down Syndrome to the 2013 AMAs

Katy Perry Brings Student with Down Syndrome to the 2013 AMAs

Showing some love to one of her biggest supporters, Katy Perry invited a lucky fan to accompany her to the 2013 American Music Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday (November 24).

The "Firework" hitmaker discovered Megan Squire, a cheerleader from Verrado High School in Buckeye, Arizona who has Down Syndrome in a video submitted to her "'Roar' With Katy Perry Contest."

Although her school did not win the contest, Megan was offered an even better prize. Miss Perry was so moved by Megan's determination to become a cheerleader, that she invited the teenager to be her guest at the big award show.

"I want to be bring Megan to a special event this fall with me as my date... It's going to be very exciting," Katy explained to Megan while announcing Colorado's Lakewood High School as the winner of the contest last month. "I just want to celebrate her and hear her roar in person. Megan, thank you so much. I love you. I love your spirit. you have really inspired me."

As part of her special experience, Megan and her family were flown into LA earlier in the weekend and walked the red carpet before sitting next to 29-year-old singer.

Celebrity Scandals: Gossip Center

No comments:

Post a Comment