Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Quentin Tarantino Teases Next Film Project, Thanks Leno For Years Of Support On 'The Tonight Show' (VIDEO)

Quentin Tarantino Teases Next Film Project, Thanks Leno For Years Of Support On 'The Tonight Show' (VIDEO)

Quentin Tarantino got a little emotional during his last visit to "The Tonight Show." This would be his last appearance before Jay Leno leaves the show, and Tarantino made sure to point out how important Leno and the "Tonight Show" had been to his career. During Leno's first year as host -- back in 1992 -- Tarantino came on as a "civilian guest." Back then it was practically unheard of for a director to be a talk show guest.

Leno had Tarantino on after he'd just written "Reservoir Dogs," and the appearance was a big break for him. As such, he kept a coffee mug from that, and every subsequent appearance on the show, marking his way from being the "fourth guest" to the lead guest. As a farewell present, Leno gave him one last mug, marked "Best Director."

And so Tarantino returned the favor, by giving Leno a scoop about his next movie. "I haven't told anyone this publicly, but I will say the genre: It's a western," Tarantino said. "I had so much fun doing 'Django [Unchained],' and I love westerns so much that after I taught myself how to make one, it's like 'Okay, let me make another one now that I know what I'm doing.”

"The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" airs weeknights at 11:35 p.m. EST on CBS.

TV Replay scours the vast television landscape to find the most interesting, amusing, and, on a good day, amazing moments, and delivers them right to your browser. Celebrity - The Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment