Pages

Friday 29 November 2013

Lindsey Vonn Ascends the Slopes After Knee Injury

Lindsey Vonn Ascends the Slopes After Knee Injury

Spending her Thanksgiving on the snowy slopes of Vail, Colorado, Lindsey Vonn jumped back into her ski boots, just nine days after another serious knee injury.

She posted several pics of herself in the snows of Vail on Instagram, with an excited caption that read, "I went skiing today!"

Last week, the 29-year-old skiing superstar went down hard, re-injuring her right knee, and worst-case scenarios suggested that she be unable to compete at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, in February 2014.

However, she wouldn't let the odds bring her down. "I'm confident it's going to be okay," the 2010 Olympic gold medalist said on Wednesday. "Fingers crossed I can be racing next week. I've worked so hard all summer to get to this point … I'm still confident … I still have a lot left to achieve … and I still have time before Sochi."

Lindsey also posted a Facebook status that read, "First day back on snow since my crash and it was awesome! "I'm very thankful for many things this year (family, loved ones, great fans) but at this moment I'm happy to be on the mountain doing what I love â€" skiing!!"

Celebrity Scandals: Gossip Center

No comments:

Post a Comment