Pages

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Lorde: "Nothing but Love and Admiration" For Nicki Minaj & Drake

Lorde: "Nothing but Love and Admiration" For Nicki Minaj & Drake

It looks like she has done it again! On Wednesday (November 27), Lorde backtracked on a recent comment she made about Nicki Minaj and Drake.

In a previous sit-down with Interview magazine, the 17-year-old explained that she doesn't think the pair's music is relatable to listeners her age.

"Around the middle of last year I started listening to a lot of rap, like Nicki Minaj and Drake, as well as pop singers like Lana Del Rey. They all sing about such opulence, stuff that just didn't relate to meâ€"or anyone that I knew," she said, adding, "I began thinking, 'How are we listening to this? It's completely irrelevant.'"

However, the "Royals" singer is now claiming that's not the case, tweeting, "Nice try @ComplexMag, but I have nothing but love and admiration for both nicki and drake (have said this x1000). Just because their songs aren't my reality (being 17 and from Auckland) doesn't mean I don't admire their musicianship and careers!"

Celebrity Scandals: Gossip Center

No comments:

Post a Comment